Justin Ross, CISSP, CCSFPSoutheast Practice Director
ISC2 Certified Information Security Systems Professional
Areas of Expertise
- Regulatory Compliance – (PCI, GLBA, GDPR, SOX)
- Enterprise Security Infrastructure
- InfoSec Policy & Procedure Dev.
- Web & Mobile Security
- Business Continuity Planning
- Disaster Recovery
- Risk Analysis & Mitigation
- Rapid Change & Business Transformation
- IT Leadership & Mentoring
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Product Management
- Strategic Technology Planning
- Systems and Network Architecture
- Network, Firewall, Linux/Unix Security
- Agile Project Management
- Change Management
- ISSA SWFL Chapter – Active member
- ISACA S FL Chapter – Active member
- ISC2 – Active Member
Justin Ross is GoldSky’s Southeast Practice Director with a broad background in compliance, network and systems security architecture and leading organizational change. Prior to joining GoldSky he owned a management consulting practice helping small and midsized businesses develop the tactics, strategies, and resources to help develop and optimize their processes and products to meet their potential.
Before starting his own consulting practice Justin worked across multiple industries including finance and technology. He also has an extensive history helping startups develop their products and organization.
His peers and clients see him as someone able to quickly identify complex issues and provide sane and logical solutions that can be implemented efficiently to reduce chaos and uncertainty and provide a strong and secure foundation for growth.
Notable achievements include:
- Designing and building a cryptographically based payment processor’s systems and network to meet the highest level of PCI compliance within 60 days.
- Redesigning and optimizing a PCI compliant social website allowing user growth to explode to tens of millions of users and increasing revenues exponentially over a three year period.
- Identifying contractual issues related to intellectual property ownership and saving a company from a $100 million dollar mistake for a client in the online dating space.
- Given a mandate to ‘make things better’ by a large webhosting company, he built and managed a department that provided cutting edge security and performance solutions to the enterprise that included developing automation, building private and secure cloud solutions, and introducing new tools and training across departments to improve performance, reliability and security across the platform and business operations.
Areas of expertise include:
- Compliance: PCI-DSS, GDPR, SOX, GLBA
- Business Analysis
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Policy
- Crisis Management and Root Cause Analysis
- Process optimization
- Skills evaluations and building teams and departments
- Developing and presenting training materials & Public speaking